Get Email Updates
Loan Program Instructions
- Once the state of Florida designates the activation of the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan program, the application will be made available for download from this website.
- Applicant (eligible business owner(s)) completes and signs the application form and gathers required support documents.
- Applicant contacts and provides the application and support documentation to their local SBDC representative. Applicants can find their local SBDC at FloridaSBDC.org/locations. Note: Applicant may be requested to complete the SBDC Request for Services form.
- The Florida SBDC Representative will verify the applicant’s eligibility, identification, completeness of application and support documentation. If the applicant is deemed to be eligible, and the application and support documentation are complete, the Florida SBDC Representative will request a personal credit report for each applicant from Florida First Capital Finance Corporation (loan underwriter) and forward all materials to the Loan Review Committee for loan consideration. If the applicant is ineligible, the Florida SBDC Representative will notify the applicant. If the application or support documentation is incomplete, or the loan review committee requests additional information, the Florida SBDC Representative will follow up with the applicant for needed information.
- The Loan Review Committee will review materials and approve or deny the loan request and notify the Florida SBDC Representative of the loan committee’s decision. Note: the decision concerning the granting of a loan is that of the independent loan review committee. The Florida SBDC Network, or any of its employees, are strictly prohibited from being involved in loan deliberations and/or decisions.
- The Florida SBDC Representative will verbally notify the applicant of the decision of the Loan Review Committee.
- The Florida SBDC Representative will send all application materials to Florida First Capital Finance Corporation (loan underwriter) who will, if approved, prepare loan closing documents and the check for loan proceeds. If not approved, Florida First Capital Finance Corporation will send written notification directly to the applicant.
- If approved, the Florida SBDC, or its delegated partner bank representative, will execute the closing process and distribute the loan proceeds.